The time has arrived to submit your nominations for the best graduate and undergraduate student papers!
Each year PJSA recognizes one outstanding undergraduate thesis and one outstanding graduate thesis/dissertation completed during the academic year (2020-2021) in the fields of peace and conflict or justice studies with the following awards:
Best Dissertation/Graduate Thesis of the Year Award
Best Undergraduate Thesis of the Year Award
Awardees will be honored at PJSA’s annual conference (October 8-10, 2021) and receive a $300 travel stipend to attend the conference, a waived registration fee for the conference, and a 2-year membership to PJSA!
Faculty: now that the academic year is over, do you have a student whose graduate dissertation/thesis or undergraduate thesis (or senior capstone or honors paper required for graduation) was particularly outstanding and deserves recognition?
Students: self-nominations are accepted and encouraged!
To submit a nomination, please send the following to Sheherazade Jafari, PJSA Student Awards Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 6 at 5 pm ET:
- Student name, current email, and phone number
- Student university affiliation, academic program, and date of completion (month and year)
- The title of the thesis/dissertation and an abstract
- A complete copy of the thesis/dissertation in Word or PDF
- Your name, email address, and university affiliation (as the nominator)
Only nominations with a complete application will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Sheherazade Jafari, PhD
Student Awards Chair, PJSA Board