We are currently seeking a new Editor-in-Chief for the Peace Chronicle, PJSA’s quarterly membership magazine. Our last editor helped to modernize the approach we took to the Chronicle, and after producing the last two years of issues, he is moving on.
The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for overseeing design and layout, reviewing and editing submissions and soliciting content and enforcing deadlines. The Editor is not responsible for authoring the Chronicle’s content, but is invited to contribute a column each issue.
- Familiarity with some electronic publishing software platform (e.g. MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, LibreOffice, Scribus…)…you can choose
- Command of the English language, including a firm grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation rules
- Attention to detail
The Editor works directly with the Executive Director with input from the Publication Committee of the PJSA Board. From experience, I can say that this position requires approximately 2 working days per quarter when an issue is in production. The Editor works on 3 issues per year (the 4th issue is done in conjunction with Peace Science Digest’s editorial team), and the work is done remotely via email and phone.
While we can not offer a traditional salary for the position, the Editor-in-Chief will receive:
- complementary annual membership to PJSA throughout their tenure
- free registration to our annual conference
- the ability to contribute one essay-length letter per issue
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please email Michael@peacejusticestudies.org, and provide a resume/CV.
Please help us circulate this request beyond our network.