The nomination process for the PJSA Student Awards is now open!
Each year PJSA recognizes one outstanding undergraduate thesis and one outstanding graduate thesis/dissertation completed during the 2018-2019 academic year (between June 2018 to May 2019) in the fields of peace and conflict or justice studies with the following awards:
- Best Dissertation/Graduate Thesis of the Year Award
- Best Undergraduate Paper of the Year Award
Awardees are honored at PJSA's award banquet during the annual PJSA conference (October 4-6, 2019) and receive a 2 year membership to PJSA plus a $300 travel stipend and waived registration fee to attend the conference!
- Faculty: now that the academic year is over, do you have a student whose graduate thesis/dissertation or undergraduate thesis (or senior capstone or honors paper required for graduation) was particularly outstanding and deserves recognition?
- Students: self-nominations are accepted and encouraged!
To submit a nomination, please send the following to Sheherazade Jafari, PJSA Awards Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 1, 2019 at 5 pm ET:
- Student name and contact information (current email and phone number)
- Student university affiliation, academic program and date of completion (month and year)
- The title of the thesis/dissertation and an abstract
- A complete copy of the thesis/dissertation in Word or PDF
- Your name, email address and university affiliation (as the nominator)
Only nominations with a complete application will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!