The Forum Prize 2018 - Protest and Revolutionary Movements Call for Submissions
deadline for submissions: May 27, 2018
Forum for Modern Language Studies
contact email: email@example.com
Forum for Modern Language Studies invites submissions on the subject of Protest and Revolutionary Movements for the Forum Prize 2018 competition.
The closing date for entries is Monday 28 May 2018.
Within the current context of myriad reassessments of 1968 and its reverberations 50 years on, the 2018 Forum Prize invites essays that take a broader and longer look at protest and revolutionary movements more generally, encouraging examination not only of 1968 but also of other iconic or significant moments of protest and revolution, and welcoming synchronic and diachronic comparisons of revolutionary activity and protest as manifested within and/or across the languages, literatures and cultures covered by the journal: Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Topics may include, but are not confined to:
• literary/filmic responses to, or portrayals of, particular political, social or cultural revolutions
• precursors, legacies and echoes of revolutionary events
• literary and cultural forms of protest, resistance and solidarity
• institutional reforms, civil rights and activism
• revolutionary artistic movements
The competition is open to all researchers, whether established or early career.
The winner will receive:
1. Publication of the winning essay in the next appropriate volume of Forum for Modern Language Studies
2. A prize of £500
A panel of judges will read all entries, which will be assessed anonymously. At the judges’ discretion, a runner-up prize of £200 may be awarded. The Editors may commission for publication in Forum for Modern Language Studies any entries that are highly commended by the judges.
Find out more at: https://academic.oup.com/fmls/pages/the_forum_prize