|Earlham School of Religion seeks to partner with Quaker organizations to support the good work taking place in a wide variety of important service contexts by offering the Quaker Professional Scholarship.
This annual scholarship is intended for individuals currently employed by a Quaker organization and provides up to 5 years of 50 percent tuition for a full-time, degree-seeking student admitted into ESR Access, our distance-education program. The goals for the ESR Quaker Professional Scholarship are to cultivate spiritual gifts, build leadership capacity, and foster a networked community of employees dedicated to service among Friends and fully equipped for continued ministry to the wider world.
"We talk with many prospective students who don't want to leave their positions in Quaker organizations, but they have a strong calling to attend seminary," shared Julie Dishman, ESR Interim Director of Recruitment and Admissions. "This scholarship offers an opportunity for them to continue their good work while gaining knowledge and experience that will ultimately benefit them, their organization, and the greater world."
To apply for Earlham School of Religion's Quaker Professional Scholarship, prospective students should:
- be currently employed by a Quaker organization (e.g. Friends' schools, colleges, yearly meetings, Quaker service organizations, etc.)
- intend to continue service in a Quaker organization
- complete a standard application for any of ESR's degree programs
- submit an additional essay response to the following question: "How do you see your current and future work contributing to the growth and development of Quaker organizations, and how do you anticipate completing a degree program at ESR will contribute to this work?"
- submit an additional letter of recommendation from your supervisor addressing the same question as above regarding your work
Applications are now open for the 2019-20 Academic Year, and must be received by May 1, 2019.
For additional information on the Quaker Professional Scholarship, contact Julie Dishman at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 432-1377