As part of out 2019 conference, we plan to offer severeal pre-conference options. While the details are still being determined, we will post details here as they solidify.
1919 General Strike Walking Tour (afternoon of 10/4/19, 2:00-4:00pm)
- Through a 1.5 hour guided walking tour through Winnipeg’s historic exchange district and the Main Street Strip we will provide an opportunity to experience a fundamental turning point in Winnipeg’s history exactly 100 hundred years ago. The tour will cover what life was like in Winnipeg in the years leading up to the strike, from earlier labour strikes to a city-wide influenza epidemic, as well as the events of the strike itself. The tour will also include the impact of the strike and its influence on social activists and local and national politicians in the following decades.
- After the tour, participants are invited to drop by the Little Brown Jug Brewery for a special 1919 beer.
- Transportation would be provided to the Exchange District where the tour begins.
- Maximum of 30 participants on the tour.
- The tour costs $10 USD per person, and tickets will be available for purchase here
Day-Trip to Bannock Poiunt Petroforms
- The trip will last from around 8:30 am until 4:00 pm and be held at the Whiteshell Provincial Park.
- The bus will depart from MSC, and lunch will be provided.
- Additional information TBA
Tour of the Canadian Museum of Human Rights
We will facilitate both a morning (9:30-12:30) and afternoon (1:00-4:00) tour of the museum
Additional information TBA