Visiting Philadlphia Information
Typical Philadelphia weather in late September
- High - mid to low 70’s
- Low - mid 50’s
Amenities on Campus
- ATM Machine - located in the entrance way of the Kuch Gymnasium building
- The Chat - located in University Commons, offers sandwiches, salads, snacks
- Need a walk or run - The perimeter of campus = 1 mile
- Bookstore - Located on the lower level of the dining complex
- WiFi - Use AU_Guest
- Parking - Free parking. There is reserved parking for the conference, first come/first served. Please follow signs to this lot.
Restaurants (Local to campus)
- Athena Restaurant (264 N. Keswick Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Mediterranean and traditional Greek cuisine. Seafood, Chicken, Lamb and Filet Mignon. Fresh fish, daily, char-grilled to perfection. Outdoor seating available, weather permitting. We are BYOB, so bring your own and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere.
- Elcy’s Cafe (7am-3pm) (1 W. Glenside Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Located in the Glenside train station, Elcy's is the heart of Glenside. Here you will get real food prepared by friendly folks. We also roast and serve our own coffee. Elcy's: Eat real.
- The Glenside Pub (120 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038) Pub atmosphere and casual restaurant. We offer home made soups, seafood, salads, paninis and wraps. We offer several specials daily.
- Humpty Dumplings (102 N. Tyson Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Local handcrafted American-fusion dumplings. Carryout/Delivery only. All DAY all NIGHT Party trays available! For party trays we ask that orders be made 24 hours in advance of desired pickup/delivery time.
- Keswick Tavern (294 Keswick Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Neighborhood Restaurant and Pub, with an extensive draft and bottled beer selection. Made from scratch menu featuring appetizers to entrées.
- Michael’s Diner (501 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038) Traditional American diner offerings & a salad bar in a utilitarian atmosphere; open 24/7.
- The Pizza Box (43 Limekiln Pike, Glenside, PA 19038) Pizzeria/Restaurant with outdoor seating and an abundant array of specialty pizzas always available and on display.
- Queen Sushi (281 N. Keswick Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Japanese, Thai and Chinese Food. We pick ingredients carefully and use only the freshest and natural ones to prepare every dish, and have been trying to cook them in a healthier way to provide the most nutritious food. Much attention has been attached to ensure you a cozy and inviting ambiance where you could enjoy not only the great meal but also the authentic atmosphere. Online ordering available.
- Trevi Pizza Pasta BYOB (21 E. Glenside Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038) Italian Restaurant & Catering Service. BYOB.
Staying longer? Take in Philadelphia and our surrounding areas
- The Philadelphia Art Museum https://www.philamuseum.org
- The Franklin Institute https://www.fi.edu
- Independence Hall https://www.nps.gov/inde/planyourvisit/independencehall.htm
- National Liberty Museum http://www.libertymuseum.org
- Reading Terminal Market https://readingterminalmarket.org
- Elfreth’s Alley http://www.elfrethsalley.org
- Longwood Gardens https://longwoodgardens.org
- Peddler’s Village http://www.peddlersvillage.com
- Chestnut Hill https://chestnuthillpa.com
- Philadelphia Phillies v. Atlanta Braves 9/28-9/30 Citizens Bank Park and Phillies