Conference-affiliated hotel with discounts for attendees:
Gateway Hotel ($116/night)
- By booking via this link, you can reserve a Double Queen or King room at the discounted conference rate of $116/night
- Discounted rooms are limited and should be booked as early as possible. If booking on the phone (800-FOR-AMES) let them know you are with the “Peace Justice Studies Association.”
- Assuming availability, the deadline to reserve discounted rooms is 8/23/23.
- The newly renovated Gateway Hotel is located in Area One and will feature daily shuttle service to campus provided by the conference. We will ONLY be running shuttles from this hotel, so this is important to you, we encourage you to book early to ensure available rooms.
- The hotel is also close to Provisions Lot F, a locally-loved restaurant that some say is best in the city!
- Update: As of July 25, some nights are sold out and thus unavailable. For the convenience of attendees, we have negotiated a second conference rate hotel below, but note that only the GATEWAY HOTEL will host the daily shutle to the university
- By booking via this link, you can reserve your room at the discounted conference rate of $109.99+ tax/night.
- Discounted rooms are limited and should be booked as early as possible. If asked, the Group Number is: 0094U7 and the Group Name is the “Peace and Justice Conference“
- The price includes a hot breakfast buffett
If you decide to stay elsewhere, the hotels close to the Iowa State campus are clustered in two areas:
Location: At US-30 exit 146, 2.2 miles from the ISU Memorial Union
Close by: Provisions Lot F, Filling Station
Radisson | Costs: $130-150/night & has a restaurant on site
Best Western | Costs: $100-160/night
Location: At I-35 exit 113, 4 miles from the ISU Memorial Union
Close by: Pizza Ranch, Arbys, Cabin Coffee, gas stations with convenience stores
Holiday Inn Express | Costs: $100-150/night
Quality Inn and Suites | Costs: see above for conference rate discount
Note: The conference has arranged shuttles to provide free transportation from the Gatewaty Hotel to campus on a recurring basis. If you decide to stay in the Radisson, Best Western, Holiday Inn, or Quality Inn you will have to arrange your own transportation to and from the conference site daily.